Nov 10, 2021
After years and years of people desperate for it: Instagram has finally allowed users to post from desktop. Huzzah! 🎉
For those of us who regularly create templates on our desktop for Instagram, this new feature is a major game-changer. Long gone are the days where you have to airdrop the image to your phone to post, you can now head to Instagram’s website and upload immediately. Curious how to post on Instagram from your desktop and write a caption using your full keyboard (!!)? Read on and we’ll spill all the info.
How to post on Instagram from Desktop
Whether you’re wanting to post a photo or a video (up to 1 minute in length), Instagram is now giving you that option from the desktop.
1. Go to instagram.com and sign in to your account.
2. Click the “+” symbol in the top right corner and a “Create New Post” window will pop up.
3. Upload or drag photo or video files into the window. If you want to create a carousel post, you can select up to 10 files.
4. You can click the frame icon in the bottom left corner to change the ratio of your image or video. You can also use the zoom feature and drag your file to edit your frame!
5. You can also edit your image using the preset effects in the Filters tab or can adjust certain specs of the image such as brightness or contrast.
6. Next, you can write your caption, browse emojis, add a location, and add alt text, if you’d like.
7. Share your photo!
How to post on Instagram from your desktop using Creator Studio
If you’re not feeling like using Instagram’s own website, head to Creator Studio where you can not only post an Instagram photo easily, but you can also schedule out your content for the week or month ahead! Plus, if you need to post to your Facebook page, you can do that from here as well. So how do you post from Creator Studio? Let’s dive in…
1. Make sure you’re connected to Instagram in Creator Studio
2. At the top, click the Instagram icon, navigate over to “Create Post,” and choose the account you want to post to (if you have more than one Instagram account connected).
3. Add your caption and the location (if you want, and why wouldn’t you want to?)
4. Click “Add Content” to add photos or videos
5. After you’ve uploaded your content, you can share the post on Instagram and simultaneously post it to your Facebook page as well.
6. Click “Publish.”
How to post to Instagram using Flick from Desktop
Over the past few months, we’ve been working hard on creating our Scheduler for our users to post to Instagram from Flick on our desktop version and app.
You’ll start by uploading your content to the media library, then start scheduling your next set of Instagram posts. With Flick, you can schedule posts to your feed using automatic, or manual posting.
We also make finding and using hashtags for scheduled content easier than ever. Now, you have the world’s most powerful hashtag tool sitting inside your scheduling tool. Not too bad, eh? Start claiming back your time and get organize your content strategy with Flick. We’re currently beta testing and if you’d like to be on the waitlist for our scheduler, you can sign up here. 🎉
Over the years, Instagram has steadily been building on expanding its desktop functions. Last year, they added the ability to view live streams from the desktop version of the app, while also improving the Story viewing experience on your laptop. Outside of the personal benefits for social media managers everywhere (huzzah!), it’s a good way to ensure Instagram keeps having people on their platform all. the. time. If you’re looking for new things to post on your IG account, we’ve got loads of ideas to help you get your IG game on point.