If you’re a social media manager, freelancer, or just have more than one Instagram account, you probably know how much juggling multiple accounts can be … awful. What if you mess up? What if you accidentally post to the wrong account (whoops, definitely have been there!)? Well, deep breaths. We’re here to tell you that you can manage multiple accounts, efficiently, and we’re bringing you all the tips and tricks on how to do so.
Jump to a section ✨
How many Instagram accounts can I have?
With one email address, you can have up to five Instagram accounts. If you use something like Flick, you can manage more than five Instagram accounts and be able to share the account with other team members (if you have them!).
How to manage multiple Instagram accounts in the Instagram app
So you want to create another account for your business, side hustle, or dog (be sure to tag us in any dog account you create!) but are not sure how to do so? It’s very easy and can be done all within Instagram’s app.
How to add multiple Instagram accounts on iPhone or Android
- Open Instagram and go to your profile page
- Click the icon at the top right corner of the page then click “settings”
- Tap “Add Account”
- Enter your account details for your new account and log in!
- If you want to easily switch back between the two accounts, you can set up multi-account login.
- Choose which account you want to use to log into all the accounts. (Note: If you do this, anyone who has access to the account you choose will have access to all of the linked accounts.)
- Repeat the steps until you have all the accounts (up to 5 max!) added.
How to switch Instagram accounts
Now that you have your accounts all linked and added, you might be wondering how you switch between them? There are a few different ways you can do this:
- At the bottom right corner of the screen, you will see the icon to go to your profile. Press and hold that button and a list of your accounts will appear. You can choose which one you’d like to switch to.or
- From your profile page, tap your username at the top left. Again, a list of the accounts you have added will pop up. You can choose which one you’d like to switch to.
How to post on Instagram to multiple accounts
Now that you have your Instagram accounts all added, you can easily switch between them and post them using Instagram’s app. Be sure to check which account you’re posting to by checking the profile image, as it could be a bit embarrassing if you post a personal photo to your business profile.
How to manage multiple Instagram accounts with Creator Studio
As Facebook owns Instagram, you can actually easily manage your accounts in Facebook’s Creator Studio. All you need to do is:
- Make sure your account is either a business profile or a creator account.
- Head to the Creator Studio and click the Instagram icon at the top of the page.
- Follow the steps to sign in to your Instagram accounts from Creator Studio.
Voila. That’s it. Super duper simple! From there, you can easily schedule your content in Creator Studio and make sure you don’t miss a single day when it comes to posting! Need some inspiration on what kind of content to post? We’ve got you.
If you’re looking for even more options to manage and schedule out your content, we’re launching our very own Instagram Scheduler! Sign up to be part of our waitlist.