Written byJulia Cohen
Jump to a section ✨
Step one: outline your goals and resources 🏹
- What channels are you creating this campaign for? Is it solely for Instagram, or is it a multi-platform activation that will sit across TikTok, IG, Facebook and Twitter?
- What is your intention or goal? Are you trying to drive traffic and awareness or is this campaign purely sales-focused?
- Some KPIs could include; Traffic, Engagement Rate, Conversions, Product button taps/clicks, Impressions, Views, Reach, or Goal Completions.
- How long will this campaign last? Is this an always-on activation, or will it last a few weeks to a month?
- What audience are you trying to reach? Is it your existing, dedicated fans, or are you trying to cast a wide net, to reach new people?
- Is this campaign going to purely sit on your organic social channels, or do you have a pot of budget you can use for paid social?
- Will you be leveraging influencer marketing as part of this campaign?
Step two: Analyze the competition 👀
Best launches on social media
Case Study 1: Maybelline Sky High Mascara
Case Study 2: Spotify Wrapped
Some more of the best social media launches to look into:
- Apple: Shot on an iPhone: The brand encouraged user-generated content to show the quality of what could be shot on an iPhone in an always-on marketing campaign. The brand made sure to make the #ShotoniPhone front and centre in their bio, after seeing millions of content created into the hashtag.
- Getty museum challenge
We challenge you to recreate a work of art with objects (and people) in your home.
🥇 Choose your favorite artwork
🥈 Find three things lying around your house⠀
🥉 Recreate the artwork with those items
And share with us. pic.twitter.com/9BNq35HY2V
— Getty (@GettyMuseum) March 25, 2020
- Oreos ‘oreoscope’
- Airbnb: We Are Here Facebook Live
- McDonald’s: I’m Lovin’ It Superbowl Campaign
- Nintendo Switch Launch
- Anthropologie: Open Call
Step three: brainstorm ideas 🧠
Social media campaign brainstorming starting points:
- What are you trying to market? Can you create a play on words to come up with your campaign name/hashtag or think about fun things to leverage within your niche?
- What’s trending on social right now, and how can you use a TikTok sound or a Reels challenge to your advantage?
- Who are you trying to reach, what would they value and respond to?
- Do you want your partners all to create the same piece of content as a starting point, or do you want to kick off your campaign and let people follow?
- Will you include an incentive for your followers to create user-generated content? Will you include or leverage a competition?
- Will you build your campaign around a sound or start a trend?
- Who would be your best partners to get the word out?
Step five: measure your performance and adapt your strategy 📈
The Best Apps for Planning Your Instagram Feed
Trying to craft the perfect feed? Here’s our list of the best apps for planning your Instagram feed, so its always on point.
2 months ago
8 Social Media Goals and How to Make Them Work for You
Need help establishing social media goals for your brand or business? Here’s everything you need to know to get started.
3 months ago
How to Increase Online Sales Using Social Media
Want to use social media to increase online sales? Take a look at our complete guide with strategies, quick tips and examples!
3 months ago