Written byMackenzie Taylor
What are the new Instagram messaging features?
- Reply while you browse: Instead of being sent back to your inbox when you receive a message while you’re browsing your feed, you can now reply while scrolling. Easy and convenient.
- Quickly share to friends: By tapping and holding the share button, you can quickly reshare posts to your friends.
- See who’s online: Similar to Facebook, you’ll now be able to see who is currently online when you’re on Instagram.*
- Send some music: You’ll be able to share a 30-second preview of a song with friends quickly.
- Send messages quietly: If you’re looking to send a message to a friend without notifying them, add @silent to your message.
- Lo-Fi chats: There is now a lo-fi chat theme to make your conversations more personal.
- Create polls: You can now create polls with your friends within messaging! So those nights when none of you can decide where you want to go to dinner? Send a poll over in the group chat.
Talk Social To Me
Get the latest social media gossip, memes, news and tips sent straight to your inbox.
Instagram Now Allows All US Users to Tag Products
Instagram announced that they are now rolling out tagging products to all US users on their app! Learn what this means for Instagram and its users.
1 month ago
Instagram Live Scheduling is here!
Sound the alarms: Instagram Live Scheduling is here. Well, it’s been here for a hot minute and we are helping you figure out how to schedule and use the new Live features from Instagram.
6 months ago
Instagram Allows Remix on All Instagram Videos
Instagram has officially rolled out their Remix feature to ALL video content on their app—yes, that means you can start remixing both Reels and feed posts videos.
3 months ago