If you’re a freelance social media manager or run a social media agency, you might be working with multiple Instagram accounts. The trouble is, how do you manage all of the different accounts easily without signing out of one to sign back into another.
One of the biggest questions for social media managers and entrepreneurs is, “Can I manage multiple Instagram accounts? In one place? Without messing it TF up?”
And we’re here to tell you that you can and we are going to walk you through how to do it … without ripping your hair out or crying.
How many Instagram accounts can I have?
You can have up to 5 Instagram accounts under one email address on Instagram. This easily allows you to switch between different accounts easily without needing to log out and log back into a new account each and every time.
Having a third-party platform like Flick can help you manage and easily navigate each account easily. Plus, you can add other team members to your Flick account so you all can manage your Instagram account in one place—without needing to share passwords!
Is there an app to manage multiple Instagram accounts?
Absolutely! You can use Instagram’s own app to manage your accounts (if you have less than 5 for one email!).
You can also use Flick to help you manage your accounts on our mobile app. Manage your Instagram accounts on the go—no matter where you are, you’ll have access to your analytics, hashtags, and scheduling for your Instagram accounts.
Want to get started with a 7-day free trial with Flick today? Click the banner below to learn more:
How to manage multiple Instagram accounts in the Instagram app:
If you’re a social media manager with multiple accounts you manage or someone just looking for a finsta to stalk your ex and their new partner (hey, we’ve all been there!), the Instagram app makes it pretty easy to switch between different accounts.
How to add multiple Instagram accounts on iPhone or Android:
- Open Instagram and go to your profile page
- Tap the menu icon and go to settings
- Click “add account”
- Enter your login information
- Click “log in”
- Repeat until you have all 5 Instagram accounts logged in
Back in the day, you used to be able to log in to 5 separate Instagram accounts using one email, but Instagram has since changed the rules on us (sad!).
If you have more than 5 accounts you need to log in to, we highly recommend getting a third-party tool where you can manage all the accounts you need from one place. Something like Flick is a perfect tool for you to easily and quickly track all of your Instagram accounts (and soon your Facebook and TikTok!). No more logging out of one account and logging into another. No more wasting time. Just all of your accounts in one location.
How to switch Instagram accounts
If you want to easily switch between Instagram accounts, it’s a pretty simple process! All you need to do is:
- Go to your profile page and click your username in the top left
- Choose and click on which account you want to use
How to post on Instagram to multiple accounts
Now that you know how to switch Instagram accounts, it’s time to post on different accounts. And the best part? It’s super easy!
Select the account you want to use and post like usual. Yeah, it really is that easy.
How to delete one of your Instagram accounts
Well, well, well, you want to delete one of your Instagram accounts but you’re not sure how?
Here’s how you delete one of your Instagram accounts:
- Go to your profile and click the icon on the right-hand side and select “settings.”
- From here, you can either log out of the account to remove it from your list.
Or, if you have multi-account login, you’ll select “login information”
- Click the account you want to remove and select “remove.”
Sidenote: Just because you’re removing the account from your app, it doesn’t mean that you’ve actually deleted your account. If you want to delete it forever, click here to find out how.
How to manage multiple Instagram accounts with Creator Studio
Instagram only allows you to manage Instagram on mobile, but if you’re looking to schedule and manage your account on desktop, one of the easiest ways to do this is through Meta’s free dashboard Creator Studio.
With Creator Studio, you can post and schedule content on multiple accounts and even access your analytics.
Want to connect your Instagram to Creator Studio? Here’s how:
- Make sure your account is either a business profile or a creator account
- In Creator Studio, click on the Instagram icon at the top of the screen.
- Follow the steps to sign in to your Instagram account from Creator Studio. You’ll need your Instagram username and password.
And … that’s it. Seriously. It’s that easy.
How to manage multiple Instagram accounts with Flick
- Sign up for a free trial with Flick
- Head to your “Manage IG Accounts” settings
- Click the “Instagram Accounts” tab, then click the “Authorize with Facebook” button and sign in with Facebook
- Select the Instagram account(s) you’d like to connect to your Flick account
- Before clicking “link accounts,” make sure you’ve selected the correct accounts that you’d like to link. You won’t be able to swap this manually without speaking to our support team 😬
After you have linked your account, you’ll have full access to our analytics, scheduling, and hashtags for your Instagram profile. Start your free 7-day trial with us today by clicking the banner below: