How to sign up for Instagram? 📲
Need help signing up for Instagram? No worries! We’ve all got to get started at some point.
- On your mobile phone, download the Instagram app.
- On desktop? Click “log in with Facebook” or fill out the form.
- On Android? Click “sign up with email or phone number.”
- On iPhone? Select “sign up.”
Enter your email address or phone number and click “next.” Or, if you’d prefer, you can sign up using your Facebook account.
Once you’ve figured out your special username and password, you’ll need to fill out your profile information and click “done.”
How to upload a photo on Instagram 📸
Now that you have your account all created and set up, it’s time to start uploading photos to your account. Because what’s the point of having an Instagram and not showing the world your incredible photos?
You can upload up to 10 photos at a time on a single post (this is called a carousel post, and you can learn how to create and auto-publish a carousel post here), or do a single post with a video or photo. Whatever you want!
So how do you upload? Well, that’s the easy part:
1. Click the + icon at the top-right-hand corner and choose what type of post you want to share. Today, we’re going to keep it simple and teach you how to upload a post directly on your profile. Tap “post.”
2. Choose your photos or videos for your upload
From here, you have a few options to choose from. You can look through your camera roll and select photos straight from your media library, or you can take a new photo or video on Instagram. Once you select and/or take a new photo or video, click “next.”
3. Add filters
If you’re interested in jazzing up your photos, you can select “filter” and one of the pre-made filters on Instagram to add to your photo and video.
4. Edit your image
You can also select “edit” and adjust brightness, contrast, structure, and more. Whenever you are happy with the adjustments to your photo, click “next.”
5. Write a caption
When you get to the “new post” screen, you can now add a caption, tag people (if you have people in your photo that you want to add), and add a location.
6. Click publish
Now that everything is added to your post, you can now click “publish.”
Curious to see how your content performs? Want to track your likes, comments, and engagement? Flick can help break down all of your analytics for your account. Start your FREE 7-day trial today:
How to add a photo or video to your Stories 🤳
Instagram Stories are 24-hour images or videos that you can add to your profile that will show up at the top of your followers’ Home Screen. How do you add to your Stories? Here’s our step-by-step guide.
1. Tap your profile picture on the main home feed and/or click the “+” button in the navigation bar.
2. Add your image or video.
You can either upload content that you’ve already captured or create new content within the Story app.
3. Add stickers or filters.
Swipe up or click the sticker icon to add gifs, links, and any other icon you want to your Story. You can also create a poll, ask your audience questions, and more.
4. Publish your Story.
Once you’re done, just click “Your Story” to make the story public to all people, or you can select “Close Friends,” where the Story only shows up on the feed of select friends you’ve chosen.
Voila! Your Story is officially live.
How to follow on Instagram 👯♀️
It’s time to start searching for people and following! Why create an Instagram account if you’re not going to follow anyone? I mean, unless you’re a celebrity and then I guess I kinda get it.
1. Click on the search icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Type in a person, topic, or brand.
One of the best new features Instagram has released in the past couple of years is the ability to search a specific keyword and filter your search content based on the keyword.
3. Tap the account you’re interested in following.
Once the account opens up, you’ll see a large blue “Follow” button at the top.
If the account is a public account, you’ll immediately be able to follow them. If the account is private, the user will have to accept your follow request first.
And that’s it. It’s that easy to start following someone new on Instagram!
How to connect Instagram to Facebook ♻️
ICYMI: Facebook and Instagram are owned by the same company, Meta, so you can easily connect your Facebook to your Instagram and vice versa. When you connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can:
- Login with Facebook into Instagram
- Share stories on both Instagram and Facebook
- Share your Instagram posts directly to your Facebook account
- Sync your profile name and picture across both profiles
Need help with connecting your account? Here’s how to do so:
- Open Instagram
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom right-hand corner
- Click the menu icon at the top right-hand corner
- Tap “settings.”
- Under the Meta logo, click “Accounts Center.”
- Click “Set up Accounts Center”
- Follow the prompts to log in to Facebook.
Ta-da! Your accounts are officially connected!
Did you know Flick has a Facebook group, The Social Hub? This group will help you connect with like-minded social media managers, content creators, and social media marketing agencies. Join today: