Written byMackenzie Taylor
What is the best time to post on Instagram?
View this post on Instagram
When are more people on Instagram?
- Posting early in the morning will generate some of the highest engagement for your account because people usually check their phones right when they wake up.
- Posting in the afternoon (11 am-3 pm) during the weekday can also cause an increase in engagement because people are checking their phones during lunch (or while at their desk trying not to fall asleep!) and are running out of energy to focus solely on work.
- As for the weekends, posting in the late morning when people are with their friends for bottomless brunch is always a good call. I mean, who hasn’t scrolled through their Instagram feed while out with friends?
How to find the best time to post on Instagram
- Look at your best posts from the past
What time did you post that photo? What day was it posted? Take a look at your analytics either on Instagram Insights or Flick’s analytics page to determine the most successful posts. Are there any patterns across the board for your highest engaged photos? Start keeping track of that information to build an idea of when the best time to post for your audience.
- Check out others who are killing it
Be sure to check out the people you consider to be your competitor and do an analysis on their top-performing posts. What time are they posting? What day of the week? Are they doing something completely different from your own strategy? One of the most important things when it comes to being seen on Instagram (or social media in general!) is to be sure to keep an eye on the competition. Sometimes you learn new tricks of your trade and sometimes you learn what NOT to do. It’s all useful and can majorly up your own strategy online.
- Test, test, test
There’s nothing like a good test to make sure that you’re getting the most out of your content. Whether that’s testing new timings, different captions, days of the weeks, etc, it’s always important to continue to test ideas when it comes to your online strategy. While your content can be doing well, are you sure it’s doing the best it can? Without testing, you’ll never truly know.
- Post in your audience’s time zone.
Being sure to post content in your audience’s time zone is incredibly important for engagement. You wouldn’t want to post something that might be 9 am your time, but 3 am for your audience.
Here at Flick, a lot of our audience is in the US so we make sure to keep our timings around the US timezones.
- Posted during your prime time.
Making sure that your Instagram post is going live on your feed at the time you’ve discovered is best for you is PARAMOUNT. Why in the world would you spend so much time collecting data for your account and not post at the best time possible? Answer: You wouldn’t.When you post to your feed during a prime time, and it gets a lot of engagement, Instagram will bump your post higher up users’ feeds. Not only that, but it could end up in the Instagram Explore page if you’re getting enough attention. So always post at the most optimal times and you may be rewarded.
- Start posting videos!
We know that switching to video-related content on Instagram can be a tough transition for some, but it’s SO important to start posting videos on IG. When posting a Reel or IGTV, be sure you’re posting it at an optimal time because, as stated before, Instagram is prioritizing videos at the moment and you could go viral if you choose your timing wisely enough.
- 73% of 18-29-year-olds use Instagram every single day, with roughly 53% visiting the app several times a day.
- In 2020, users spent an average of 30 minutes on Instagram daily (a four-minute increase from 2019)
- Over 1 billion people use Instagram every. single. month. That’s a lot of people…
How to Manage Your Instagram Strategy From Your Phone
Learn how to manage your entire Instagram strategy from posting to analysis directly from your phone in this new article on our blog.
11 months ago
How to Get 1000 Followers on Instagram in 2022
From bios to commenting to images, we have compiled the best ways for you to grow your Instagram following and finally hit 1000 followers.
10 days ago
Hashtag Analytics Guide: Tips, Tricks, and How to Track 2022
Learn why tracking your hashtags is so important and how to use Instagram hashtag analytics to improve your Instagram strategy.